Protecting Homeowners in Orlando and Longwood, FL
For Florida homeowners, protection against exposures is essential. Home to some of the most frequent and strong storms and floods in the United States, Florida’s homes regularly face the prospect of damages from natural occurrences. For this reason, insurance is essential for any homeowner in the Sunshine State. At Florida Insurance Group we have a comprehensive and adoptable home insurance program that provides any homeowner full protection for the right price. We custom-tailor packages that we write through this program to the needs of individual clients and we’ll happily tailor a package to you.
Contact an agent to get started or read on to learn more.
Coverages Tailored to Your Needs
Home insurance coverages range from structure and property to high-value item and natural disaster (hurricane, flood, storm, and other). For Floridians, home insurance is typically more cost-prohibitive than it is for residents of most other states. The flat terrain, coastal territory, and exposure to fluctuating weather patterns contribute to the cost-prohibitive nature of home insurance. However, for policyholders at Florida Insurance Group the financial burden of thorough and effective home insurance is not so great. We carefully select coverages that reflect each policyholder’s needs and we create optimal policies using these coverages. This way, clients save money and have protection that completely reflects their needs.
As an independent insurer we partner with different carriers, and as a result we can ‘shop’ on behalf of our clients for coverages that are most appropriate and cost-efficient. These coverages include:
- Property Coverage
- Content Coverage
- Homeowners Liability
- Personal Injury
- Ground Collapse
- Mold Damage
- Animal Liability
- Association Loss Assessment
- Water Back Up
- Golf Cart Liability Coverage
- Loss of Use
- In-Home Business Insurance
Beyond strategic policy development, there is more hope for aptly-priced home insurance on the horizon. The Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (the ‘Cat Fund’) has helped make ‘hurricane’ taxes that relate to tropical storms that hit Florida in 2004 and 2005 disappear from homeowners’ insurance bills. As a result, home insurance is less prohibitive and it will continue to be increasingly less prohibitive over time. This makes it easier for you, the homeowner, to secure the right home insurance without paying an arm and a leg. We will help facilitate this, and to get started you only have to speak with an agent.
As is the case throughout Florida and in any state in the U.S., you can save money on your home insurance by combining it with auto insurance. We will help you make this combination also if it’s pertinent to you. To learn more just ask your agent about a multi-line policy.
In addition to home and auto insurance combinations and special insurance for hurricanes and tropical storms, we can help you find the flood insurance you need to stay protected against water damage that results from floods. Just ask your agent how you can get this kind of insurance.
Florida Insurance Group is proud to provide home insurance in Orlando, Longwood, Winter Park, Lake Mary, Clermont, and Oviedo, FL. We also serve other areas in the state.
- The City of Orlando Official Site
- The City of Longwood Official Site
- Florida Homeowners’ Insurance Guide (The Chief Financial Officer of the Florida Department of Financial Services)
- Florida Insurance Consumer Guide (StateofFlorida.com)
- Florida Homeowners Insurance Coverages, Legal Statutes, and other Information (The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation)
- Florida Homeowners’ Insurance Resources (click on applicable PDF)
- Florida Hurricane and Flood Insurance Information (NOLO)
- Florida Hurricane Insurance Resources (The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation)
- Florida Hurricane Deductible Information (The Insurance Information Institute (III))
- Consumer Guide to Homeowners’ Insurance (The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC))